MUNCIE, Ind. — If you live in Delaware Co. be aware of this potential phone scam.
The scam was first brought to court administrator Emily Anderson’s attention when someone called her office after they received a call saying they had to pay $125 to get rid of a warrant for not showing up to jury duty, according to the Muncie Star Press.
She told the Star Press her office contacts people by mail, and not the phone.
In an interview she advised to hang up the phone if you think it’s a scam and call the court administrator’s office at 765-747-7734.
(Photo: Jaap Arriens/NurPhoto/GettyImages)
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Kendall And Casey
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl
A new Buc-ee's will be less than 2 hours from Indy