JOHNSON COUNTY, Ind. — One person is dead following a Tuesday morning crash in Johnson County, according to the Johnson County Dispatch.
The accident happened just before 7 a.m. in the area of State Road 37 and Olive Branch Road.
The accident involved a semi and a car. The driver of the car, who was the only occupant, was later identified as 41-year-old Chad Stivers, of Bedford. The driver of the semi was not hurt.
Deputies say a northbound passenger car crossed the media and then went underneath the semi. It’s unclear what caused the car to cross the median.
The crash closed down parts of State Road 37 for several hours Tuesday morning. All lanes in that area have been reopened.
(Photo by WISH-TV.)
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Macy's is Bringing the Politics to Thanksgiving this Year