Indianapolis businessman and developer John Schmitz is expected to announce his bid for Mayor later this week.
According to his Facebook page, the south side Republican will make the announcement on Thursday at 5:30 p.m. on Monument Circle.
His campaign has released a biographical video on YouTube.
Incumbent Mayor Joe Hogsett announced last week he was running for a second term.
Schmitz is likely to face primary challenges from former Indianapolis City-County Council Member Jose Evans and former Butler Tarkington Neighborhood Association President Ted Feeney.
Photo: Schmitz for Mayor Facebook Page
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Macy's is Bringing the Politics to Thanksgiving this Year