EVANSVILLE, Ind. — Jahkei Mitchell’s murder charge from a 2018 death has been waived because of a plea agreement.
The 16-year-old is one of two teenage suspects in the death of 23-year-old Kevin Colon at Sam’s Food Mart in Evansville, in July.
Mitchell and the other teenager, Paris Cornell, 16, had their cases moved to adult court.
On Thursday, Mitchell pleaded guilty to attempt to commit armed robbery and conspiracy to commit armed robbery. His charges for murder and firearm use were waived as part of the deal, said WIFE.
Mitchell’s sentencing is scheduled for February 14.
(Photo: Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Office)
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Macy's is Bringing the Politics to Thanksgiving this Year