INDIANAPOLIS — Get ready to pay more for your Netflix subscription.
The streaming service is raising monthly subscription prices for the second time in as many years, CNBC reported Tuesday.
The rate hike will help fund more original Netflix programming and help the company pay off some of its debts.
- The Basic Plan will go from $8 to $9 per month.
- The Standard Plan (Netflix’s most popular U.S. plan) will jump from $11 to $13 per month.
- The Premium Plan will increase from $14 to $16 per month.
When You’ll Feel the Pinch
- Current Customers will see their bill go up sometime in the next three months.
- New Customers will pay the new price immediately.
It’s the second price hike since 2017 and the fourth price increase since Netflix introduced its streaming service in 2007.
(Photo by Omar Marques/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images)