Indiana House Bill 1284, which provides immunity for a justified use of force in certain instances passed on the floor of the House with bipartisan support in a vote of 80-13. The bill now proceeds to the floor to the Indiana Senate.
WIBC’s “Gun Guy,” Guy Relford, a co-author of the bill, told Hammer and Nigel he is “optimistic” it will successfully pass and become law.
The bill also requires a court to award, in certain instances, reasonable attorney’s fees and costs to a defendant when the justified use of force immunity is successfully raised.
Relford also provided insight into additional gun legislation under consideration. Click the link below to get the full breakdown:
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Kendall And Casey
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Second-Largest Jackpot in Hoosier Lottery History Won in Speedway
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl