PENDLETON, Ind. — An Indianapolis man already behind bars for fatally shooting someone at a block party is now accused of killing a fellow inmate at Pendleton Correctional Facility.
Devon Sterling faces charges of murder and possession of a deadly weapon by an inmate.
Prison staff say Sterling fatally stabbed Ezekiel Jones, of Fort Wayne, in the neck in July 2018.
Court documents say Sterling likely stabbed Jones in retaliation for Jones stabbing him in 2017.
Both men were serving time in Pendleton for fatal shootings.
(Photo by sakhorn38/Thinkstock.)
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting