INDIANAPOLIS — Indy Metro Police have arrested a 19-year-old man for sex trafficking of a minor.
Ledarreus Dean, of Indianapolis, was arrested Tuesday during a prostitution sting, according to IMPD.
During their investigation, detectives with the IMPD Human Trafficking/Vice Unit learned of the involvement of a 16-year-old girl who had run away from home.
Police have not given out much information, but said Wednesday that Dean drove the girl to a location where she was supposed to meet someone for sex.
Police arrested under suspsicion of Sexual Trafficking of a Minor, a felony.
The girl was taken to the Department of Child Services.
The case has been handed to the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office.
(Photo provided by IMPD.)
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade