Listen Live

ANGOLA, Ind.–Be careful what you leave around your pets in your home. That’s the message from firefighters in northern Indiana. They say a cat caused a fire at a home in Angola. 

The cat knocked over a candle in that home just after 8 Wednesday night. It took firefighters about 12 minutes to get the fire under control. 

There were other pets in the home too. A dog was given oxygen by paramedics because it was dealing with smoke inhalation. 

A man inside the home was treated for smoke inhalation as well. He was taken to a hospital, but will be okay. The dog was taken to a veterinarian. 

All of the other pets were taken out of the home safely.  

(PHOTO: Firetrucks_Thinkstock_blurAZ)