GOSHEN, Ind. — If you park in a handicapped parking spot, you’ll probably get in a bit of trouble–even if you’re a police officer.
A Goshen police officer was suspended for one day after parking a police cruiser in a handicapped space this week.
The Goshen Police Department found out about the officer’s illegal parking job after someone posted a photo on social media.
Goshen PD told ABC 57 in South Bend that it’s “not acceptable” to park in a handicapped spot without a proper tag or plates. This includes police and other first responders, unless it’s a “rare emergency.”
The name of the officer has not been released.
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting