INDIANAPOLIS — While the team is putting in work inside their practice facility, the Colts are also working on the outside of the building.
The organization has announced they are installing solar panels at the Indiana Farm Bureau Football Center. The Colts are teaming up with POWERHOME Solar, to improve the facility’s energy use and lower energy costs. POWERHOME Solar has worked with four other NFL teams in the past.
“In addition to making our facility ‘greener,’ operating in a sustainable manner by using technology such as solar panels makes good business sense,” said Pete Ward, Colts chief operating officer. “Facilities that are more environmentally focused become more financially sound.”
The Colts say the new solar panels will be functional in the next few months.
(Photo courtesy of Indianapolis Colts)
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Macy's is Bringing the Politics to Thanksgiving this Year