Listen Live

CARMEL, Ind. (WISH) — A resin odor in an art classroom at University High School led to a short evacuation of Fairbanks Hall on Wednesday during lunch, the school said.

Some students exposed to the resin experienced headaches and nausea. A school spokeswoman said “a handful” of students went to local hospitals “in an abundance of caution” and other students were treated by medical personnel at the school and then released.

The Carmel Fire Department evaluated the situation, vented the area, and allowed students to re-enter the building.

(Photo by WISH-TV.)