UPDATE: 3 P.M.
The man shot and killed early Thursday morning in Broad Ripple has been identified as 36-year-old Alfred Hayes, Jr.
BROAD RIPPLE, Ind.– A man was killed in a Thursday morning shooting in Broad Ripple.
According to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department, the shooting happened on Ferguson Street, near Connor’s Pub, around 3:30 a.m.
After arriving on the scene, officers located the man, who had gunshot wounds. Emergency medical personnel pronounced the man dead at the scene.
It’s also unclear what led up to the fatal shooting.
There were no other injuries, according to police.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels