(Zhong Zhi / Stringer/Getty Images)
A Step-by-Step Manual in How to Screw Yourself, Featuring Elitist LeBron James:
Step 1: Express outrage when a news commentator who is tired of hearing your political diatribes tells you to “Shut up and dribble.”
Step 2: Defend a communist country that is responsible for horrendous human rights violations because it benefits your bank account.
Step 2.5: Tell the General Manager of an NBA team who tweets support for protesters in Hong Kong to “shut up and watch me dribble.” (Paraphrased)
Step 3: Attempt to quiet the public’s outrage over Steps 1-2.5 by doubling down on Steps 2 & 2.5.
Step 4: Whine about the “difficult week” you had earning millions of dollars to put an orange ball through a hoop.
Congratulations! You’re now screwed via the “LeBron James Professional Method for Self-Destruction!”
Here’s what you need to know about the “Daryl Morey-LeBron James-NBA-Hong Kong- China-Big Dollars at Stake” Controversy:
- Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey tweeted a message of support to protestors in Hong Kong on October 4. Morey shared an image with the slogan: “Fight for Freedom, Stand with Hong Kong.”
- Morey inadvertently inserted the NBA into the middle of a heated debate over civil rights and extradition laws related to a piece of legislation introduced over the summer in Hong Kong that would have allowed criminal suspects to be extradited back to China, dropping them into a Chinese justice system in which most criminal trials end in a conviction. The legislation raised concerns about protecting the civil rights of citizens and preventing them from being targeted unfairly.
- Rockets owner Tilman Fertitta quickly distanced the organization from Morey’s comments, and Morey later walked back his statement. All-Star guard James Harden also publicly apologized to China in the aftermath of Morey’s tweet. Why? Because the NBA is sucking on the monetary tit of China and can’t afford to piss them off.
- Monday evening in Los Angeles, proud elitist and Lakers player LeBron James criticized Morey for not considering the ramifications of his tweet before sending it out. In effect, James told Morey to keep his political opinions to himself. (“Hypocrite? Party of 1?”)
- Elitist James said Morey “wasn’t educated on the situation,” adding that “social media is not always the proper way to go about things as well, but that’s just my belief.”
- James then “took to social media” IMMEDIATELY after talking to reporters to clear up any confusion, i.e. ‘outrage,’ over his comments, saying: “Let me clear up the confusion. I do not believe there was any consideration for the consequences and ramifications of the tweet. I’m not discussing the substance. Others can talk about that. My team and this league just went through a difficult week. I think people need to understand what a tweet or statement can do to others. And I believe nobody stopped and considered what would happen.”
Fun Fact: Elitist LeBron James tweeted that “Injustice Anywhere Is A Threat To Justice Everywhere- Our Lives Begin To End The Day We Become Silent About Things That Matter” back in 2018.
Hey LeBron, take Laura Ingraham’s advice: SHUT UP AND DRIBBLE!
WIBC host Tony Katz offered commentary on Lebron James’ ongoing PR nightmare on Tuesday’s show. Click below to check it out.
Accused Delphi Killer Defense Claims Killings Were Part of Nordic Ritual
John Fetterman Body Double
Man Describes Missing F-35 Crashing Near His House
Be Careful When Shopping At Temu
Take a bite out of this! Indiana orchard ranked in top 10 in the country.
Bob Dylan Performs Unannounced Set at Farm Aid 2023 in Noblesville
Woman Getting Kicked Off Plane: "I'm Instagram Famous"
AUDIO: Marion County Sheriff's Office Needs Help Finding Murder Suspect