JOHNSON COUNTY, Ind. — A Greenwood man is behind bars after being accused of molesting his step-granddaughter.
Sheriff’s deputies on Tuesday arrested 51-year-old Richard Huffman.
Court papers say Huffman’s stepdaughter went to police in September to report that he had molested her eight-year-old daughter.
The girl, who is in the third grade, told police Huffman touched her in May while she was sleeping with him on his bed. She said Huffman put his hand inside her pajama bottoms, touched her several times, and then told her not to tell anyone.
The girl told her mother about the abuse in September, court papers say.
Huffman faces one count of felony child molestation. He’s being held Wednesday in the Johnson Co. Jail on $40,000 bond.
(Photo provided by the Johnson Co. Sheriff’s Office.)
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance