INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Southport High School is appealing the Indiana High School Athletic Association’s decision to ban the boys basketball team from this year’s state tournament for recruiting violations.
The IHSAA said the coach used more than $5,000 from the Southport Basketball Club to pay the tuition of a player from the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The IHSAA also placed the school on one-year probation, suspended the coach for two games and declared the player ineligible.
(Photo by Thomas Northcut/Thinkstock.)
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Macy's is Bringing the Politics to Thanksgiving this Year