PARKE COUNTY, Ind. — An Indianapolis man is accused of damaging a historic covered bridge with his truck and then driving away.
Michael Dobson faces several charges, including leaving the scene of an accident, for hitting the 159-year-old Jackson Covered Bridge in Rockport on Wednesday.
Police say Dobson drove a large furniture truck onto the bridge, damaging several of the upper support beams.
Deputies found the truck after the accident and learned Dobson was the driver. Dobson was arrested and taken to the Parke County Jail.
(Photo by the Parke County Jail.)
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels