The head of the organization that represents Indiana’s municipalities says the 2020 legislative session is a mixed bag for local governments.
Matt Greller of Accelerating Indiana’s Municipalities says, on the one hand, legislation that would limit a municipality’s ability to regulate building materials would be detrimental to local governments, particularly when it comes to maintaining the character of neighborhoods, on the other, they support the Governor’s legislation that would ban Indiana drivers from holding a cellphone when behind the wheel.
He also talks about regional development and the impact of Illinois and Michigan’s decisions to legalize marijuana and the impact it’s having on cities along the border.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Second-Largest Jackpot in Hoosier Lottery History Won in Speedway
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Kendall And Casey
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl