GARY, Ind. — A two-year-old boy is dead in Gary after being shot by his three-year-old brother.
Gary police were called to the hospital where the boy was taken by his mother Saturday evening. When they got to the hospital, the mother told the cops that her 3-year-old son had gotten his hands on a gun she had in her purse and accidentally shot his younger brother.
She had left her purse unattended in the bedroom of her house. The 2-year-old boy died at the hospital.
Gary police are still investigating the incident and plan to present their findings to Lake County prosecutors who will then decide if charges need to be filed.
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Kendall And Casey
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl
A new Buc-ee's will be less than 2 hours from Indy