VERSAILLES, Ind. — An inmate at the Ripley County Jail died Wednesday, and officers are now trying to figure out exactly what happened.
State Police say a 57-year-old woman was moved to the jail after being arrested in another county. But, later that same day, she became “unresponsive” in a cell.
Staff and medics tried to help her, and she was soon taken to the Margaret Mary Hospital in Batesville, but she did not survive.
At this time, it is not clear what led to her death. Officers do not think any “foul play” was involved.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels