INDIANAPOLIS — Indy Metro Police say the woman charged with stabbing her niece at a Days Inn meant to stab the family dog who stole her Burger King chicken sandwich. Sharon Key was charged with criminal recklessness.
Key told police that she chased the dog with a knife and attempted to stab it when it leaped onto the bed. Officers say Key stabbed the baby in the neck. The infant was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. IMPD has reported that the baby is expected to recover.
The incident happened at the Days Inn in the 8300 block of Craig Street.
Cops say Key was found hiding near a bush outside the hotel.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Kendall And Casey
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl
A new Buc-ee's will be less than 2 hours from Indy