ELKHART, IND — Police are investigating after a body was found Sunday evening on the riverbank in the area of Bower St and N Riverside Drive.
Police say the call came shortly before 6:30 regarding a dead man discovered on the riverbank near 599 Bower St/N Riverside Dr. Cops say they found a partially decomposed man on the bank.
The Elkhart County Homicide Unit is handling the investigation. The cause and manner of death are unknown at this time, and his identity is being withheld pending family notification.
All further inquiries regarding the status of the investigation should be directed to the Homicide Unit. Anyone with information regarding the investigation can call the Homicide Unit at 574-295-2825.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Kendall And Casey
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl
A new Buc-ee's will be less than 2 hours from Indy