ANDERSON — Indiana State Police are searching for Steve Sumner, a 55-year-old former Madison County councilman who is charged with raping an underage girl.
Sumner is a white male, six foot tall, with Hazel eyes and dark hair. The police believe that he is on the run after failing to appear in court for charges filed earlier this month in a unrelated case.
According to court documents in 2020 Sumner performed sex acts on a girl under the age of 16 and was also caught with over 100 images of child pornography on his phone.
Sumner is currently charged with 18 counts, 15 of them are related to the reported rape. Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Sumner should contact Detective Klettheimer of the Indiana State Police at 1-800-527-4726 or 765-778-2121.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle