NEW TRENTON, Ind. (WISH) — Two stranded kayakers were rescued from an island on the Whitewater River on Friday, according to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources.
At 5 a.m., first responders were sent to an island on the river near the unincorporated community of New Trenton in Franklin County.
Upon their arrival, they rescued 47-year-old Andrew Wissing and 39-year-old Katy Noonan of Sardinia, Ohio.
According to an initial investigation, the two had been kayaking on Thursday when they stopped for the night on the island.
Storms hit the area causing water levels to rise and wash their kayaks away.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Kendall And Casey
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl
A new Buc-ee's will be less than 2 hours from Indy