MARION COUNTY, Ind. — A judge approved a request Wednesday to move inmate Orlando Mitchell to an Indiana Department of Correction facility.
Police say Mitchell strangled Marion County Sheriff’s Deputy John Durm with his handcuffs Monday before stealing a prison vehicle. The man was already in custody for the 2022 murder of Krystal Walton.
At this time, Mitchell is being held at the Johnson County Jail. Sheriff Kerry Forestal says he is a risk to others.
It is not clear when he will be moved.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting