BUTNER, North Carolina — Ted Kaczynski, the man known as the Unabomber, has been found dead in his prison cell.
A Federal Bureau of Prisons spokesperson said the 81-year-old Kaczynski was found dead Saturday morning at a facility in North Carolina.
Once referred to as America’s “most prolific bomber,” he was arrested in 1996 after 20 years of evading authorities.
He had been transferred to the North Carolina facility from a maximum-security center in Colorado in 2021, due to his declining health.
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle