ELWOOD, Ind. — Indiana State Police are investigating after officers shot a Noblesville man.
Earlier this week, Elwood Police officers went to South L Street after learning of a possible domestic battery incident. However, once they arrived, their suspect was already gone.
A few hours later, they found 26-year-old Dakota McCreary near South J Street after someone spotted him and made a phone call. Apparently, he was armed and ultimately pointed his gun at police, so they shot him.
He was taken to a hospital in Elwood before being flown to one in Indianapolis. State Police have not yet provided an update on his condition.
The Elwood Police officers involved were wearing cameras at the time.
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting