RICHMOND, Ind. — On Friday afternoon, a tragic accident happened in Richmond when 29-year-old motorcyclist Zachary H. Perkins lost his life in a crash on Liberty Avenue. It took place around 4:45 p.m. in a residential area near South L Street, along the East Fork of the Whitewater River.
According to a Facebook post by Lt. Donnie Benedict of the Richmond Police Department’s traffic division, Perkins was traveling northbound on his motorcycle when he lost control at a high speed, causing him to be thrown from the vehicle. The motorcycle then collided with a utility pole. Perkins passed away at the scene of the crash.
Based on evidence and witness statements, it appears that the accident was a result of Perkins driving at an excessive speed.
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Kendall And Casey
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl
A new Buc-ee's will be less than 2 hours from Indy