LAKE COUNTY — An Indiana State Police trooper’s marked car was hit late Wednesday night on I-80.
Trooper Riley Hieb was parked near mile-marker 11.3 to help direct traffic following a crash between a car and a semi. Around 11:15 p.m., 67-year-old Jose Huizar-Hernandez rear-ended him.
Both men were taken to Northlake Methodist Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Officers do not believe alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Indiana State Police say this is the eighth time this year that such an incident has happened to a Lowell Trooper. Lieutenant Gose, Commander of the Lowell Post, says, “Please remember to slow down and/or change lanes when you see emergency lighting.”
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels