NEW CASTLE, Ind.--Two men were arrested after they walked away from the New Castle Correctional Facility Monday.
Police say Austin Bolton, 20, and Keegan Brooks, 19, left the Level 1 housing unit at the facility around 5 pm and were found about two hours later.
Bolton is incarcerated on one count of burglary. The Indiana Department of Correction says Bolton’s “expected release date was May 2024.”
Brooks is incarcerated on one count of possession of a narcotic drug. His “expected release date was March 2027.”
The prosecutor will decide if they will face additional charges.
The Level 1 unit at New Castle Correctional Facility is outside of the secure facility and “houses low-level individuals,” said the Department of Correction.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels