Halloween will happen on Monday, October 31, 2022. Accordingly, this is the time of year when there is a marked change in weather as things begin to cool. Families gather at pumpkin patches, corn mazes and on hayrides and also trick-or-treaters try to fill their candy pails.
Vivint collected sunset data from the Almanac. Through their research, Vivant found that Indianapolis has one of the latest sunsets in the nation on Halloween.
Atlanta, Georgia’s sunset will occur at 6:47pm. Louisville, Kentucky will experience sunset at 6:46pm. In Central Indiana, we should prepare for one of the latest sunset times on All Hallow’s Eve – with Indianapolis, IN taking the #3 spot for the latest sunset at 6:45 p.m. To view the entire list from Vivint of sunsets across America on Halloween, click here.
Did you know?
More people are buying costumes for their pets. Americans spent nearly $500 million on costumes for their pets —more than double what they spent in 2010. The most popular costumes for pets are the pumpkin, followed by the hot dog, and the bumblebee in third place.
This year, the average U.S. household is expected to spend $100.45 on Halloween expenses, from decorations to treats to costumes. Collectively, that’s about $10.6 billion between the 69% of households that celebrate.
Did you know?
Although it is unknown precisely where and when the phrase “trick or treat” was coined, the custom had been part of American popular culture since 1951, when trick-or-treating was depicted in the Peanuts comic strip. In 1952, Disney produced a cartoon called “Trick or Treat” featuring Donald Duck and his nephews Huey, Dewey and Louie.
WalletHub has gathered information regarding Halloween spending habits. Here is a look at tricks and treats by the numbers.
- $10.6 Billion: Projected Halloween spending in 2022.
- $3.6 Billion: Halloween costume spending in 2022.
- $3.1 Billion: Halloween candy spending in 2022.
- 34%: Share of parents who think 13 or 14 is old enough to trick-or-treat alone.
- 86%: Share of parents who admit to stealing candy from their kids.
- $300+ Million: Annual revenue from ticket sales for haunted attractions, 80% of which are run by charities.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels