The Colts stunned the NFL world with their last second victory over the Kansas City Chiefs, giving them their first win of the season and breathing a sigh of relief after a rough first two weeks. The major contributor for the Colts was rookie tight end Jelani Woods, who made the most of his two catches as they both went for touchdowns, including the go-ahead score with 24 seconds remaining.
On Tuesday, Wood joined Kevin & Query to discuss his breakout performance, what it meant for him and the team going forward.
After the game, giving the speech, that was pretty intense. A lot of emotion going on. – Colts tight end Jelani Woods on the emotions going through him when he delivered a post-game speech to the locker room
Other things the guys talked about with Woods were:
- How he transitioned from quarterback to tight end
- His time at Oklahoma State
- Relationship with Matt Ryan
- His father listening to the show on YouTube
- Favorite spots in Indianapolis
- How he feels his rookie season is going
- Where the team needs to improve
- And more!
First time seeing him, yeah there was definitely shell shock. Especially when he texted me on draft night. – Jelani Woods on his first interaction with Matt Ryan
For the full interview, click the link below and be sure to listen to Kevin & Query every weekday morning from 7-10 on 93.5 & 107.5 The Fan!
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance