PLAINFIELD, Ind.–A 4-year-old child who was missing in Plainfield was located Friday evening. Joseph Aldridge, assistant chief of the Plainfield Fire Dept. said her body was found in a pond not far from where she went missing.
Police say her name is Fiedwenya Fiefe. She was 3 feet 5 inches tall and weighed 35 lbs. They believe she wandered away from her home, which is in the Legacy Farms neighborhood, which is where her body was located.
Fiefe was autistic and non-verbal.
The call came in about Fiefe missing at about 3 pm Thursday. Officers and other volunteers searched for her all throughout Thursday, but had to call off the search once it got too dark. They went back out to search for her again Friday morning.
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting