MICHIGAN CITY, Ind. — A criminal investigation of Michigan City’s mayor.
State Police are looking into an incident in which Mayor Duane Parry is said to have left the scene of an accident without reporting it.
According to a crash report taken at the Ford dealership where Parry, 72, had taken his city-owned SUV for repairs, Parry is said to have run over a water pipe sticking out of the grass at a park the night of August 5th, ripping the exhaust system of from under the SUV.
The report taken four days later says “he’d been drinking” that night and that he had also submitted a drug test.
So far, Parry has not been charged with anything.
Indiana State Police are investigating the case due to a conflict of interest.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels