AVON, Ind. – Hendricks County sheriff’s deputies are investigating an attempted kidnapping.
Police were called to the B&O trail northeast of Avon on June 18 after receiving a report of a 17-year-old girl who was approached by 4 men while walking alone around 9:20 p.m.
Officers say a hispanic man around the age of 30 expressed romantic interest in the girl. When the girl turned around to walk the opposite direction, the man tried to kiss her and she ran away. He chased her down and grabbed the girls hand, but she pulled away and continued to run.
Police say the man was last seen walking westbound on the trail toward Ronald Reagan Boulevard. The man has not been identified and anyone with information should contact Detective Sgt. Charles Tyree at 317-745-9345.
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels