INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — A man has been convicted for the 2019 death of his less than one-month-old infant son.
Marion County prosecutors announced that Michael Gaunt has been convicted for neglect of a dependent resulting in death and aggravated battery.
In December 2019, officers were called to a residence in the 4900 block of Rockville Road for a child who was unresponsive.
The male infant was rushed to the hospital. Doctors said the infant showed consistent brain injuries that led them to believe he may have been thrown or shaken. He later died on Dec. 23.
Investigators say both Gaunt and the mother could not provide an explanation for the child not breathing.
A sentencing for Gaunt has been set for May 25 at 2 p.m.
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels