INDIANAPOLIS — Indy Metro Police believe a child may have accidentally shot himself on Monday.
Police were called to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Street near 21st Street just before 11 p.m. on a report of a person shot. They arrived and found a child with a gunshot wound.
The child’s parents told police the shooting happened in their home and they were taking the child to the hospital but flagged down an ambulance on the way.
The child was taken to Riley Hospital for Children and is in stable condition.
IMPD says the parents are cooperating with the investigation.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels