STATEWIDE — If your holiday travels involve a trip through Indianapolis, you should probably plan ahead so as not to get tangled in North Split construction.
Market Street is expected to reopen to traffic on Thursday night, according to INDOT.
New York Street is currently closed through at least Dec. 30, under I-65 between East and Pine Streets. All eastbound traffic will be redirected to Ohio Street.
Lewis Street is closed under the interstate through early February while workers install drainage structures.
You can still get to downtown Indianapolis via:
- I-70 westbound collector/distributor (C/D) ramp exit ramp to Michigan Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from Ohio Street, Michigan Street and New York Street until December 20
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street (13-ton declared vehicle weight restriction in effect)
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
Drivers are encouraged to slow down, exercise caution, and drive distraction-free through all work zones.