COLUMBUS, Ind. — Six people are behind bars in Bartholomew County after police discovered a meth lab and multiple guns inside a Columbus home.
Shortly after 10:30 p.m. Tuesday, members of the Columbus Police Department SWAT Team served a search warrant at a house on South Brooks Street. The search warrant was part of an ongoing JNET investigation into guns and illegal drugs.
Police searched the home and found a meth lab, some drug paraphernalia, and approximately 2.5 ounces of methamphetamine. Officers also found several guns, one of which had the serial number removed.
Six people were arrested:
- Jason L. Fields, 43, Columbus: Visiting a Common Nuisance
- Randall W. Garris, 50, Columbus: Visiting a Common Nuisance, Warrant
- Matthew J. Havidic, 58, Columbus: Maintaining a Common Nuisance, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Darlene A. Jenkins, 56, Columbus: Visiting a Common Nuisance
- Angel D. Sanders, 45, North Vernon: Visiting a Common Nuisance
- Joshua V. Dewey, 40, Columbus: Dealing in Methamphetamine, Manufacturing Methamphetamine, Possession of a Firearm by a Serious Violent Felon, Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Possession of a Firearm with an Obliterated Serial Number, Maintaining a Common Nuisance