CONNERSVILLE, Ind. — A pizza delivery driver died Saturday in Connersville when the front porch of the home he was delivering a pizza to collapsed beneath him.
Dispatchers got the 911 call from the homeowner at around 11;30 p.m. Saturday. When they got there, the driver, William Fields, 45, was unconscious and pinned under some heavy debris.
He was pulled from the debris and taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead. Connersville Police have ruled his death as an accident and that no criminal investigation is necessary.
To people in Connersville, Fields was no stranger.
“You ordered Pizza King, you almost expected William would be the guy to bring it to you,” said Sgt. Clint Brown from CPD.
LISTEN TO THE 911 AUDIO:
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.