INDIANAPOLIS — Halloween is this Sunday and the Indiana State Police are offering a few safety tips for children and parents to consider before heading out to trick-or-treat.
- Know and follow the appropriate times your community has established for trick-or-treating.
- Make sure your child has a flashlight, glow stick, or reflective material on their costume so they can be seen in low light.
- Children should always be accompanied by an adult when trick-or-treating, or at minimum, should use the buddy system and have a plan if groups get separated.
- Only go trick-or-treating at houses where the front porch light is on.
- Children should never enter the house of a stranger.
- All treats should be inspected by an adult before being consumed.
- Drivers should slow down and drive carefully — be on the lookout for children who are not paying attention.
Have fun, be safe, and enjoy the family time together while out trick-or-treating this Halloween! 🎃