GREENSBURG, Ind. (WISH) — No foul play is suspected in the death of a 54-year-old man in the Decatur County Jail, Indiana State Police say.
James L. Catron collapsed about 1 a.m. Friday while in custody in the Greensburg jail, state police said in a news release issued Friday night. Jail staff contacted emergency medical personnel and administered first aid and CPR, the release said.
The county sheriff asked the state police to look into the death. A autopsy was pending Friday night.
Catron had been in jail since Sept. 26, although the release did not indicate why he was being held. Online court records were unavailable Friday night as the website was undergoing an upgrade.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels