Indiana State Health Commissioner Dr. Kristina Box says she “made an informed decision” to take off her mask while ‘cutting a rug’ and breathing on fully vaccinated guests at a recent event she attended.
Box was accused of hypocrisy Monday after the “Mock n’ Rob Show” posted a photo to social media that showed the gynecologist not wearing a mask at a family wedding.
Dr. Box opted to defend the photo in a statement to The Journal Gazette Monday afternoon rather than simply apologize.
“I made an informed decision to take off my mask while dancing or talking with fully vaccinated guests,” said in a statement. “This was a private event in which all but five guests present were fully vaccinated. Those five individuals included children for whom the vaccine is not yet approved and people with medical conditions whose private physicians have recommended they not receive the vaccine at this time.”
According to data from the CDC:
- Persons who are fully vaccinated can still contract and unknowingly transmit the Delta variant.
- There is “no significant difference in the viral load present” in infections occurring in fully vaccinated people and unvaccinated persons.
Inescapable Conclusion: Dr. Box “made an informed decision” to risk exposing unvaccinated children and “people with medical conditions whose private physicians have recommended they not receive the vaccine at this time” to the highly transmissible Delta variant.
Box ominously warned in an August 27th press conference that infections from the Coronavirus are set to increase in the coming months unless more Hoosiers take precautionary measures to slow the spread of the Delta variant. She also stated that she can’t understand the fierce resistance to wearing masks.
Mock n’ Rob offered a scathing response Tuesday morning to Dr. Box’s defense of her blatant hypocrisy.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Macy's is Bringing the Politics to Thanksgiving this Year