INDIANAPOLIS — The Indiana State Fair, July 30 – August 22, is full of memories and traditions for Hoosiers. But it’s also full of new experiences to enjoy. At this year’s Fair, you can sign up for an animal yoga session, take in a duck race, ride the double-decker carousel, or visit the Budweiser Clydesdales!
Here are a few of the new interactive experiences at this year’s State Fair:
- The iconic Budweiser Clydesdales are some of the most recognizable animals in the world and now you can see them during your visit to the Indiana State Fair. These majestic horses will be located just inside Gate 12 north of the Farm Bureau Building from July 30 through Aug. 8!
- Forever Forest is an interactive exhibit where children can play and learn about sustainability, selective harvesting, transportation needs, and the everyday products we use made from trees. This exhibit is located in the Farm Bureau Building and is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Double Decker Carousel
- What’s better than a carousel? A double-decker carousel, of course! Located just west of the Hoosier Lottery Grandstand, the Double Decker Carousel features two levels of beautifully handcrafted figures, complete with tigers, zebras, and giraffes!
The Mighty Mike Show
- Witness strongman Might Mike as he juggles bowling balls and sledgehammers as if they were as light as feathers! Be amazed as he bends horseshoes and tears decks of cards while dressed in a 1920s-style bathing suit! Shows will take place daily in Hoosier Spirit Park at 1:00, 2:00, 4:00, 5:00, and 6:30 p.m.
- Visit the Family fun Park to see the world’s biggest bubble toy in action! The solar-powered machine is sure to delight fairgoers all day, every day! Stop by for some bubble-popping fun and to soak in the beauty of shiny bubbles floating through the summer air.
Backyard Brats & Brews
- Need a shady spot to sit back and relax during your visit to the Fair? Located in Hoosier Spirit Park, Backyard Brats and Brews is the perfect, family-friendly place to grab a cold drink and a hot brat while enjoying live music and yard games. Stop by any day of the Fair between 12 p.m. and 9 p.m.
The Great American Duck Race
- Everyone’s a winner at the Great American Duck Race! Learn about Mallard ducks and watch them splash to the finish line while you cheer on your favorite! Located in the Family Fun Park, this show takes place daily at 10:30 a.m., 12:30, 2:30, 4:30, and 6 p.m.
Street Drum Corps
- Street Drum Corps is a high-energy drum and percussion show as seen on America’s Got Talent, American Idol, and numerous sporting events. They use unique instruments such as garbage cans, rain barrels, kitchenware, and even power tools. Catch their daily performances at the Family Fun Park (July 30 -Aug. 1) and the Gate 12 Kids’ Zone (Aug. 4 – 22) at 11 a.m., 1:00, 3:00, and 4:30 p.m.
The Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show
- The show features lumberjack competitors known throughout the world for their strength, skill, and athletic ability. Stop by the WGU Indiana Parklet to see them compete in events like log rolling and ax splitting. Shows start at 12:30, 2:00, 3:30, 5:30, and 7:00 p.m. daily.
- Animal yoga features some of your favorite animals, including goats, pigs, bunnies, and lambs! These cute animals will climb, cuddle, and entertain you as you partake in a 45-minute beginning-level yoga lesson. Yoga sessions will take place July 31 at 10:00 AM and 11:30 AM, August 1 at 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM, August 12 at 6:00 PM, August 18 at 6:00 PM, and August 19 at 6:00 PM. Each session costs $35 per ticket and includes admission to the Fair. You must register online to secure your spot.