INDIANAPOLIS — Two people are dead after being hit by a car on the city’s southwest side and police believe alcohol was a factor in the accident.
Just before midnight, officers were called to the 4600 block of Kentucky Ave. on a report of two people hit by a car.
When officers arrived, the two people were dead.
IMPD says a Ford Focus was headed southwest on Kentucky Ave. when it veered onto the shoulder, hitting and killing the two people who were walking there.
The driver of the Ford Focus remained at the scene and was arrested.
Police have not released the name of the driver or the two victims.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.
Kendall And Casey
Man Charged with Murder, Body Found During Investigation Into Missing Rush County Girl
A new Buc-ee's will be less than 2 hours from Indy