LAWRENCE, Ind. (WISH) — A woman has died after being hit by a vehicle while riding her bike in Lawrence Friday night.
Lawrence Police Department say officers were called to the 4800 block of North Shadeland Avenue just before 10:30 p.m. They found passersby trying to help the woman, none of whom witnessed the crash.
Evidence suggests the vehicle and bicyclist were both traveling north on Shadeland Avenue.
The woman was transported to Eskenazi Hospital and died after receiving treatment.
Police say they have not located any witnesses. Investigators believe the vehicle may be gray and likely has a damaged front bumper.
Anyone with information about the crash should call Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana at 317-262-8477.
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Indiana State Police K9 Koda Receives Life-Saving Armor
Indianapolis Firefighter Among More than 20 Arrested in Child Solicitation Sting
Big Ten Championship Game's Future in Indianapolis Uncertain After 2024.