HANCOCK COUNTY, Ind.–A woman who hit a state trooper’s patrol car with her car Tuesday evening was taken to jail on an OWI charge.
State Trooper Scott McPheeters said his car was hit in a construction zone about 8:30 p.m. on I-70 eastbound in Hancock County. He said Jennifer Coomer, 47, of Greenfield, was driving illegally on the shoulder and hit a guardrail after hitting his car.
McPheeters said Coomer bailed and tried to run away. When other troopers arrived, she was combative and resisted arrest.
McPheeters was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Coomer was taken to jail and was also chaged with battery and resisting arrest.
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
U.S. 31 Lanes Now Open After Fatal Crash
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Macy's is Bringing the Politics to Thanksgiving this Year