Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter is jumping ship from the Democrat party and running for re-election as a Republican.
Why is Slaughter exiting the Democrat party?
Repeating a quote from former President Ronald Reagan, who also switched parties, Slaughter told Fox News that he “never left the Democratic Party, they left me.”
More specifically, the Democrat party turned its back on the law enforcement community and allowed police officers to become a target of attack for far-left, radical groups like Antifa and Black Lives Matter.
Welcome to the pro-law enforcement party, Sheriff. What took you so long?
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels