WAYNE COUNTY, Ind. — A Randolph County woman was killed early Monday after her car was hit by a train in Wayne County.
Just before 6 a.m., Wayne County Sheriff’s deputies were called to an accident in Greens Fork involving a car and a train that happened in the area of South Water Street and West Plum Street.
Police determined that Tonya Rader, 47, of Lynn, Ind., was driving south on Water Street and crossed the railroad tracks. Rader’s vehicle was hit on the driver’s side by a passing westbound Norfolk Southern train.
Rader died at the scene.
Police believe Rader was the only person inside the car and was traveling to a family member’s home in Greens Fork.
Police are still looking into what happened.
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels