INDIANAPOLIS — When the Indiana Pacers host the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night, they will do so without forward JaKarr Sampson.
Sampson was suspended for one game without pay for headbutting San Antonio Spurs guard Patty Mills during Monday’s loss at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
The incident began when Sampson and Mills were battling for rebounding position. It continued to the next possession when Mills made contact with Sampson and Sampson shoved Mills. Sampson then confronted and headbutted Mills. He was issued a flagrant foul and ejected.
Mills and Spurs forward Rudy Gay have both been fined for their roles in the altercation. Mills received a technical foul and was fined $25,000; Gay also received a technical foul and was fined $20,000 for shoving Sampson.
- NWS: Expect a Rainy Wednesday Across Indiana
- FOUND: Momo the Monkey on the Loose: Indianapolis’ East Side on High Alert
- Murder Suspect Kevin Mason Captured
- Pence: Trump Owes it to the American People to Debate
- Pacers GM: Contract Extension Talks with Buddy Hield Are “At a Halt” But That Doesn’t Mean They’re Done
The Dangers of Brown Friday & How You Can Prepare for the Worst
Police: Woman Killed, Infant Hurt in Head-On Crash with Semi-Truck
ISP: Truck Driver Killed After Exiting Vehicle
Fitness Studios Say Holding Company Has Not Paid Employees
Small Plane Crashes Near Shelbyville Airport, Two People Dead
Feds, Rush County Sheriff Search Home In Valerie Tindall's Disappearance
Fishers Marching Band Appears in 2023 Macy's Parade
Red, White, & Bowl With Hammer & Nigel Presented By Jack Daniels